Friday, September 01, 2006

Since this may have been lost in the shuffle, here's a repeat and clarification of an earlier post on charities, courtesy Blizzardlane and others.

www.booksforsoldiers.com
"If you're like me and buy books, read them and then one day turn around and say, "Didn't I used to have a bedroom where this book-storage room used to be?" Go here and get to boxing them up. One of my friends who did a swing through Iraq and Kuwait said the downtime is the worst, and every book that anyone receives from home gets passed to dozens of people."

Heifer International (www.heifer.org)
"If you're conflicted about the war, go here. I've worked with these people in the past and I cannot say enough good about Heifer. Every year I give a basket of chicks or bunnies or bees -- one year a calf together with my friends! Read what they do. This is real "teach a man to fish" stuff.

Soldiers' Angels
A great resource for sending foodstuffs, letters, phone cards, etc. to those serving overseas.

9 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger nonk9 said...

we kill babies yes we do!
paid for by me you and you!

what a WASTE of money and marines and SEALs.

what a waste of iraqis and oregonians and arizonans.

what a waste.

what a bunch of stupid morons you are for not getting what a fucking waste the war in eye rack is and was.


we kill babies yes we do!
paid for by me you and you!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger joeschmo1of3 said...

Ms. Frisch:

Please tell us about jail, and the stalking and harrassment charges. We paid for that too, you know.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger BrendaK said...

Deb, you talentless hack.

Tell us all about your stalking charges. How was the arrest? Did mommy bail you out, or did you have to go it alone?

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Cthulhu said...

Cheeri-O!

Damn, that's funny.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Cthulhu said...

Thanks, mariposa. when things calm down I'll add that.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger sparrow said...

Here is another:

http://www.desertislandfoods.com/detail.aspx?ID=24

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger sparrow said...

Here is another

Trying again.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Cthulhu said...

Thanks, pixie!

I only gave a brief peek at your site. How's your honey?

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger sparrow said...

Sulla... No news is good news, right? :o)

Last heard from him ... the 17th of August and I was told to STOP WORRYING (these are your orders, ha ha ha ha). I am sure he is as fine a he can be!

Thank you for asking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home