Saturday, September 09, 2006

it appears that the abbeyweb listserv has been converted to a subscription board.

Apologies to those Abbey site readers who have been inconvenienced by our discovery, and Deb's subseqent "championing" of the First Amendment (there's one for the Debinition file, Joe) by restricting access to her speech.

I'm all for self-censorship. But in the world humanity lives in, Dr. Deborah Frisch, Ph.D., that means censoring yourself BEFORE you speak, not moving heaven, earth, and bits on a disc to ensure that words you have ALREADY uttered cannot be seen.

John Kerry tried that with his "Winter Soldier" book in the last election. didn't work out so well then either.

Remember Watergate? Remember Whitewater? Remember when Peter lied about playing ball in the house?

Titanic efforts to cover up suggest that there's something WORTH covering up.

It's like driving nails holes ito a piece of wood when you get angry, and pulling them out when you calm down. the nails are gone, but the holes are forever.

Welcome to a thing we like to call accountability. We know you're not well-versed in the term. But don't worry - you've been flagged for accelerated learning here at the School of Hard Knocks.

8 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Paddy O'Furnijur said...

Good morning to all good gerbils everywhere. I'm off to referee a soccer match (sorry SBH, I mean't football), then watch my youngest son play.

Enjoy the morning. I look forward to a good read when I get back.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Sinner said...

Nice job on the previous thread, Paddy!

I wonder if anyone will read those last 3 comments...

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Sinner said...

Since I stepped on Sulla's toes on the front page, I think I had better make some comments on this thread...

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Cthulhu said...

no problems, sinner. we were probably typing at the same time.

I'm off to take a friend to the airport.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger BrendaK said...

Correction -

I forgot about beau-peeps attacks on CDR DTW. Can't ever be friends with beau after all.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Sinner said...

In LA? Man, you ARE a friend.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Cthulhu said...

Yeah, I'm a teddy bear.

Reminds me of an old Bobcat Goldthwaite joke:

Animals are our friends, but they won't pick you up at the airport.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger joeschmo1of3 said...

Morning All!

Looks like I'll be going to the airport, again, tomorrow morning. My dad got the dates wrong, and I didn't think to double check his written info. Arrggh! For details, just check my lates blog entry.

Ah, parents, you gotta love 'em.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home