Ok, I get it...
It's RED, Gravatar sucks, there is some stupid bug not allowing comments...
FINE... BE that way...
Actually, yeah... there are issues and I am working on getting them fixed. The question is: "Is it worth it?"
Here are the goals:
1. Get better authoring software, which Wordpress in IMHO the best.
2. Leave this site to the Google Searchers for Dr. Deborah Frisch.
3. Leave Dr. Deb behind as a focus (she will always be a topic).
Here are the solutions:
1. Do nothing and stay here.
2. Move to blogsome
3. Move to a new blogspot
4. Get a Wordpress host and make the required mods
1. I hate the idea of staying here because it makes the original mission very difficult. I list it as an option only to make this statement.
2. The gerbil cage blogsome site is working, but has the above issues. Avatars being the hardest to fix. (Live comment preview can be done ala my home blog)
3. This would at least solve the avatar stuff, but we are stuck w/ the Google evil empire.
4. This cost $$$ and let me tell you, the ad revenue (pfft, he said "revenue") doesn't even come close to covering a hosting account. Also not a small amount of tech geekery would be required to make the changes to Wordpress.
If, say the ad revenue were to jump suddenly and I would hit the magic number that the ad hosting company needs to actually send real money, I would be very happy to divert that money to a hosting account. I would also be willing to give the tech geekery a go.
I am looking for guidance here folks, this is YOUR place and YOUR COMMUNITY. If a solution doesn't serve, then it doesn't get implemented.