Saturday, September 09, 2006

I thought we might do a very special episode of DHD on Monday.

I will make a post that morning with my story of September 11th, 2001 and I would like for all y'alls to post your stories of that black day in the thread. The stories don't have to be dramatic, mine will be mostly about my morning and how the news effected the office and other mundane observations. A story from the heart, but not mushy. All these stories of everyday lives and everyday people, taken together, should make a powerful statement.

No teh snark, no teh silly and certainly no teh Deb.

Any posts off topic on that thread will be deleted, in opposition to normal DHD policy.

Also, there will be no threads started on Monday other than the story thread.

Start thinking about what you want to post. If you need/want pictures, email them to me and I will upload them to my image host and send you back the html to display in your post.

If this turns out something like I think it might, I will make a special place for all the stories on a separate space.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to try something of this magnitude.

7 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Retired Fireman said...

Sounds like an incredible idea my friend. Lord knows I will be involved

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Cthulhu said...

Great idea, Sinner.

I will be gone tomorrow/monday most of the day, so I'll send you my entry via email before I go.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Fatwa Arbuckle said...

Sinner, that's a wonderful idea.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Religious Zealot said...

Great idea.

I'm sure that it will also drive Deb crazy.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger NedraZ said...

I have spent awhile today writing a rough draft in longhand, on a yellow tablet. I have four pages and will need to edit. (Most of that was explaining what my job was that day). I was not prepared for the emotions that came up as I wrote. I will pare it down and submit it Monday.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger X_LA_Native said...

Grand idea Sinner. Thanks!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger minteh said...

Last!

teh yay!™

 

Post a Comment

<< Home